I. Goat Warm-Up
40 Calorie Row
30 Slow Hollow/Arch Rocks (hanging)
50 Overhead Squats 65/45#
- For the rocks, one full hollow/arch rock is one rep
Back Squat- 15-10-5
- Progress the weights from last week.
- Rest 3-6 mintues between sets
- Use belt on last set only
2 Hip Snatch + 1 Hang Snatch
*60-65% of 1RM
- Perform several warmup sets at lighter weights to drill down technique and prepare your body for fast, crisp sets. If your not getting at least 35-40s each round, decrease the weight.
- Focal points: explosive arm extension, deliberate foot movement, speed, breathing.
- Do not counterbalance. For the hang snatch, be sure that your toes remain on the ground during the hinge, and do not not jump until you reach the power position.
50 Double Unders
30 Lateral Erg Burpees
V. Optional Conditioning (session 2)
30 Minute Assault Bike
*Every 6 Minutes (4 sets) stop to perform:
12 Incline DB Curls (2111)
24 Banded Tricep Extension
- These single-joint exercises are a good way to increase strength at the elbow joint, and improve endurance on exercises like butterfly pull-ups and ring dips. Spend extra time rolling out your triceps and biceps after this workout.
- This should be performed at 65-75% effort. If you aren't sure how this feels, try to keep a fast but consistent breathing pattern that is controllable. Relatively no lactate buildup while on the bike.
- If you have a fitbit, Iwatch, or heart rate monitor of any kind use the following formula to determine your maximum heart rate, and then keep your heart rate between 65-75% of your MHR:
Miller formula of MHR = 217 - (0.85 x age)