Hey everybody, we are finally transitioning to making the competition program an actual class! We will now have set class times in the morning, early afternoon, and late afternoon. The majority of these classes will now be coach led. This is going to help you get feedback and coaching as well as some structure to keep things on time. With that being said, here is what we need from you.
1. Be ready to begin warm up when the class time starts. We are going to have to be strict with this or the whole point of this transition will be for naught. We know many have become accustomed to coming in whenever, please try and pick a class time that you can make regularly. If you are unable to make any of our classes please email Chip.
2. Competition programming will be done almost exclusively in the barbell room. We are ordering two window AC units to help with the heat in the evening. The coach who is leading the class will determine where various aspects of the programming are completed. The purpose of this is to make sure we aren't overly disruptive to the training classes.
MTWF - 6a, 7a / 1p / 4p, 5p
S - 11a
Please note that these times may change. We are also aware that there currently isn't a later evening option. As stated above, if it really is impossible to make one of the other times, please let us know so we can explore other scheduling options. These classes all start on the hour, but will run longer obviously. These are simply the start times. If you come in at 6:30a, be ready to go at 7a, etc.
40 OH Walking Lunges 45# barbell
Couch Stretch 60s e/s
60s Quad Mash e/s
60s Calf Mash e/s
Back Squat - 78% x 3 x5
- Get the work done. Ideally, this will be completed without accessories, but add an accessory if you absolutely need to.
400m Run @90% effort
10 Weighted Pistols
1:1 Work:Rest Ratio
- Scale weight for pistols to allow for 5 unbroken reps per side at a consistent pace
- Hold weight close to chest in a goblet position
20 Minute Aassault Bike @ Recovery Pace
E4MOM (5 sets) stop to perform:
5 Max Effort, Max Height Burpees
- Keep the bike at an easy aerobic / recovery pace. Peform the burpees at 100% intensity. This includes speed off the floor, speed to the floor, and height of jump.