I. Corrective Exercise
A1. Upper Quad/Hip Flexer Mash 3 x 60s e/s
A2. Partner Resisted Hamstring Curls 3 x 6 e/s #3131
- Lying face down on a PVC Pipe, let your entire body weight sink into the area where your upper quad/hip flexer meets the PVC pipe. While relaxing and breathing fluidly, slowly (and passively) flex, extend, internally and externally rotate your knee joint for 60s.
- Lying face down the ground, provide medium-light resistance for your partner while they extend and flex their knee joint at a 3131 tempo. If your partner is imbalanced from a strength or flexibility standpoint, make adjustments to correct the imbalance.
EMOM Minutes 0-2:
2 Hang Muscle Snatch + 2 Tall Snatch @ 45%
EMOM Minutes 3-5:
BTK Hang Snatch 75%
EMOM Minutes 6-8:
Hang Snatch 80%
EMOM Minutes 9-12:
1 Snatch 85%
EMOM Minute 13:
EMOM Minutes 14-15:
1 Snatch 90%
- Calculate your weights beforehand and set up all of your weights to help you stick to the allotted time.
B. Back Squat- E2MOM for 16 (8 sets):
5 x 60%
4 x 70%
3 x 80%
1 x 90%
1 x 95%
1 x 98%
1 x 101%+
1 x 101%+
- Listen to your body today. You should know whether or not you're body responded well to the back squat stimulus this cycle. Don't try to be a hero and push beyod your capability if you're not feeling primed for a PR. However, If you are feeling strong and your reps are fast and smooth, today is the day to get a new back squat 1RM, which is arguably the most important data point for explosive athletes. Any guys joining the 400# club? Any girls squatting 280-300#?
C. Every 4 for 20 (5 sets AFAP):
8 Bench Facing Burpees
6 Squat Snatch 135/95
- 40 Double Under penalty each time you drop the barbell mid-set
- Record each split
- The bench facing burpees are exactly what you think they are.. identical to a bar facing burpee, but substitute a bench for the barbell.