Session 1: Engine
5 x 300 meters (rest 90s)
- Use the erg's interval feature, row at a pace that is 5% faster than your 2k 500m split, and shoot for absolute precision. If your goal pace is 140.0, then 139.8 is worse than 140.1. Upon completion, go to the erg's memory display and take note of your avg pace.
- Same pace as last week, but 30s less rest.
Session 2: Weightlifting
A. Clean First Pull + Power Clean + Hang Clean: Find a very heavy complex of 1+1+1, then perform one drop set at 95% and 90%
- Beat last week's score, even if it's by a kilo. Don't go so heavy that you can't do the drop sets.
B. Pressing Jerk Balance - 4 x 3 at working weight
- Consult a coach during your warm-up sets.
- Try and go heavier than last week if form allows.
C. Front squat + Smooth Split Jerk - 3 x 3
- Medium-heavy working weight below 80% of your clean and jerk.
- Performed like a thruster but with a split jerk. No pause between front squat and split jerk.
Session 1 or 2: Gymnastics
D. Strict T2B 3 x 6-8 (2112) (rest 2 minutes)
E. Kipping T2B 4 x 15-22 (unbroken, rest 60-120s)
- Rest for the same amount of time as last week.