Deep Comp- 7/4/16
Happy Birthday, America 🇺🇸💥
(Team workout at 9am)
A. Every 2 Minutes For 10:
Hang Snatch High Pull + Hip Snatch - 5 x 2(1+1)
- Sets across with a working weight of ~75%
B. Every 2 Minutes For 10:
Segmented Snatch Pull - 5 x 3
- Sets across with under 100% of snatch. One second pause below knee and above knee. Focus on hitting the correct positions while maintain proper torso angle.
C. Every 3 Minutes For 18:
Back Squat - 5, 3, 2, 5, 3, 2 - #30X1
- Second Wave Heavier. Don't exceed 93% on final double. Adjust weight to adhere strictly to tempo.
- Try to increase double weight by 5-10# from last week.
II. Skill Progression
D1. Chin Over Pull Up Hold - 4 x 15-25 Sec (Rest 30)
D2. KB Lat Pull Over - 4 x 5-9 #30X1
D3. Reverse DB Fly - 4 x 5-9 #30X0
- For those with lower scores on upper body gymnastics tests, use the higher rep ranges. Low end rep range for those with higher scores.
3-5 Rounds @ 95%
30 Seconds Max Unbroken Thrusters 95/65#
30 Seconds Max Cals Rower
60 Seconds Max DUs
Rest 5-7 Minutes
- Same as last week, goal is improving anaerobic lactic power. Work at near max effort, the goal is to create a build up of lactate. This type of training hurts but will be the difference come Open season.
- We know these long rest intervals sometimes seem crazy, but without adequate rest we won't be able to stress and adapt the correct energy system.