I. Snatch Weakness Warmup
A. 4 Sets at 40-45%: 2 Hip Muscle Snatch + 1 Hang Muscle Snatch + 1 Hip Snatch
Focus on the following:
- Hitting triple extension (hip, knee, ankle)
- Raising elbows high and outside
- Keeping bar close to body
B. Every 2 Minutes For 10
BTK Hang Snatch High Pull + Hang Snatch - 5 x 2(1+1)
- Sets across at 75-80%
C. Every 2 Minutes For 10
Segmented Snatch Pull - 5 x 3
- Sets across with under 100% of snatch. Go slightly heavier than last week. One second pause below knee and above knee. Focus on hitting the correct positions while maintain proper torso angle.
D. Every 3 Minutes For 18
Back Squat - 4, 3, 1, 4, 3, 1 #30X1
- Second Wave Heavier. Don't exceed 94% on final single. Adjust weight to adhere strictly to tempo.
3-5 Rounds @ 95%
30s Seconds Max DUs
45 Seconds Alternating Pistols / Alt. FR KB Rev. Lunges 35/26
45 Seconds Max Power Clean 115/80#
Rest 5-7 Minutes
- The goal is improving anaerobic lactic power. Work at near max effort, the goal is to create a build up of lactate. This type of training hurts but will be the difference come Open season. We know these long rest intervals sometimes seem crazy, but without adequate rest we won't be able to stress and adapt the correct energy system.
IV. Skill Progression
D1. KB Lat Pull Over - 4 x 5-9 #30X1 - Rest 30
D2. Reverse DB Fly - 4 x 5-9 #30X0 - Rest 30
- For those with lower scores on upper body gymnastics tests, use the higher rep ranges. Low end rep range for those with higher scores.