Deep Comp- 2/15/16
Attention to Detail is the theme of this Transition Week. Following the sets, reps, rest periods, and notes is critical this week's success. Don't just go through the motions or it will not have the desired effect. The volume and intensity have been adapted to meet the demands that the open workouts will place on us.
This is the time to adjust, refine, and perfect movement patterns Help your teammates out, focus less on "winning" workouts and more on elevating your teammates by sharing best practices and movement efficiency tips. You may be in the gym for just as long, but the program is crafted in such a way that your body will be recovering more than a regular training week.
Spend 20-30 Minutes on daily warmups and prehab this week. Make the trip to the physical therapist, massage therapist, or Cryo USA. Skip movements that aggravate nagging injuries. The time to get to 100% health is now. No excuses. No regrets.
Next week our Open Cycle begins.
3 Rounds (Not for time)
10 C2B Pullups
5 Kipping HSPU
- Wallball- After throwing the ball toward the designated marker, keep your hands at your side and catch the ball as it reaches shoulder level. The more time you spend with your hands below your shoulders the more energy you're saving. Watch Ben Smith in 15.3.
- C2B Pullups- Learn to keep your legs together, keep a constant backward lean as you approach bar, and barely graze the bar as you descend from your apex.
- Kipping HPSU- After mounting the wall, start by bending your knees, not your elbows. The faster your can get your legs flexed (into kipping position) the better. This will allow your to drive through your legs as soon as your head kisses the ground, instead of balancing on your head as you wait for your legs to establish the kip. This will increase cycle rate, and decrease time under tension (for your shoulders and neck), thus saving energy.
- While you're doing these movements, breathe deeply and focus on keeping your heart rate as low as possible.
A1. Back Squat- 4 x 5 (@65, 70, 70, 75%)
A2. Press- 4 x 5 (@65, 70, 70, 75%)
A3. Strict T2B- 4 x 8
- Rest 30-45s between sets
- BS and Press should be fast fluid reps with no pauses.
- Strict T2B should be slow and controlled.
6 Medium-Fast Rounds
20 Calorie Row
10 Thrusters 95/65#
- Familiarize yourself with how your body feels at different paces. This isn't a race. Leave some fuel in the tank.
10/8 Calorie Assault Bike @95%
75s Active Recovery Bike
- This is essentially a floater workout. Do it when you have time this week. It will not conflict with any particular day.
- Set your stop watch for a 75s rest period so you don't have to "math" under fatigue.