Deep Comp- 1/4/16
Here we go, guys. Day one of our 2016 open-prep cycle. Let's to get to work!
I. Goat Warm-Up
15 Calorie Row
15 Overhead Squats 65/45#
15 Strict Ring Dips
- Over the course of this cycle, during our warmups we will be sprinkling in certain skills and auxiliary strength movements that are exclusive to our team's needs. Please complete them with focus, just as you would for strength and conditioning.
Back Squat- 20-10-5
- Start at 65-75% of your 1RM. Add weight every set. The goal each set is maximal weight lifted. This is a good opportunity to know yourself in different rep ranges and grind through long, heavy sets with your heart rate spiked as breathing gets increasingly difficult.
- Rest 3-6 minutes between sets
- Use belt on last set only
EMOM 10 (from racks)
1 Snatch balance + 2 Hip Snatch
- 55-60% of 1RM
- Perform several warmup sets at lighter weights to drill down technique and prepare your body for fast, crisp sets. If your not resting at least 35-40s each round, decrease the weight.
- Focal points: explosive arm extension, deliberate foot movement, speed, breathing
50/40 Calorie Assault Bike
100 Double Unders
Rest 7 Minutes
25/20 Calorie Assault Bike
200 Double Unders
- As fast as humanly possible. Do not pace or strategize in any way. The goal is Maximum Aerobic Output and skill execution under extreme fatigue.
V. Optional Conditioning (Early Morning or Evening)
30 Minute Assault Bike
*Every 5 Minutes (5 sets) stop to perform:
15 Ring Row
15 Chest to Deck Pushups
- This should be performed at 65-75% effort. If you aren't sure how this feels, try to keep a fast but consistent breathing pattern that is controllable. Relatively no lactate buildup while on the bike.
- If you have a fitbit, Iwatch, or heart rate monitor of any kind use the following formula to determine your maximum heart rate, and then keep your heart rate between 65-75% of your MHR: Miller formula of MHR = 217 - (0.85 x age)
- Optional conditioning workouts may be performed alone.