Deep Comp- 1/29/16
DIY. Do a personal inventory and prioritize the things that you need to work on.
A. Back Squat Walkouts - 5 x 1 @ 105-115%
- Take the bar from the rack, walk back taking 6 total steps, hold for 5 seconds, then walk it back to the rack. Set the J-Hooks much lower than you would normally use when squatting.
B. Front Squat - 5 x 3 @ 80-85%
- You may bounce after the pause
Choose option 1 OR 2 based on your weaknesses..
Option 1 :
5 Deadlifts (Choose your weight)
5 Right Leg Pistols 53/35#
5 Left Leg Pistols 53/35#
80’ Handstand walk
- There are two scores for this workout, total time and weight lifted. We recommend that you use around 85% of your deadlift for this workout. This was a Games Workout for the Individuals in 2013. The RX weight was 405/265 If you are interested in trying it."
21 Cal AB
Rest 3 minutes
V. Optional Conditioning
30 Minute Assault Bike
*Every 5 Minutes (5 sets) stop to perform:
10 Weighted GHD Hip Extensions
5 Bell Up Single Arm Press e/s
- This should be performed at 65-75% effort. If you aren't sure how this feels, try to keep a fast but consistent breathing pattern that is controllable. Relatively no lactate buildup while on the bike.
- If you have a fitbit, Iwatch, or heart rate monitor of any kind use the following formula to determine your maximum heart rate, and then keep your heart rate between 65-75% of your MHR:
Miller formula of MHR = 217 - (0.85 x age) "